Charing & District Local History Society:
Some of the many photographs and pictures within our archives

 

 

Previous Home Next  

Station Road looking towards the High Street before the A20 was built.
Behind the cart is a lamp on a structure beside the house – this was the entrance to the Methodist Chapel.
The house next to it was demolished.
The ivy covered building beyone was the old Queen's Head facing the High Street.
It was demolished and rebuilt facing the A20. Photo 1890

For more information on this picture contact the Phototography Group